Week 2 - UWA league - If it was easy, everyone would do it

G’day lads,

Can I just say these games are looking so close on the pitch this season and everything you can do off pitch is going to make a world of difference to help your team take over the leaderboard.

Big congratulations to the following teams which had all of their players lose weight in the first week:

West Ham and Cheese (green)
Blue Mountains
Better Red than Dead

Also a shoutout to James Shorthouse who misplaced 3.8kg for the Black Panthers last week.

On-Pitch results

Better Red than Dead vs Weighty Whites 2 - 2
West Ham and Cheese (Green) vs Black Panthers 1 - 9
FC F.C (Yellow) vs Blue Mountains 3 - 2

Off-Pitch results

Better Red than Dead vs Weighty Whites 2 - 1
West Ham and Cheese (Green) vs Black Panthers 3 - 1
FC F.C (Yellow) vs Blue Mountains 0 - 3

Overall Results for week 2

Better Red than Dead vs Weighty Whites 4 - 3
West Ham and Cheese (Green) vs Black Panthers 4 - 10
FC F.C (Yellow) vs Blue Mountains 3 - 5

You can see match results anytime at www.manvfatsoccer.com.au/uwa , and if you click on ‘ Latest Results’ (the tab on the right of the results box) and hover your mouse over the scores (e.g., 4 – 2), you’ll be able to see a break down of where the score came from.

Shout-Out to Current Team Weight Loss Leaders… Based on kgs lost to-date.**

• Blue Mountains - 9kg
  • Better Red than Dead - 7.5kg
  • Black Panthers - 6.8kg

Overall League weight loss to date: 28.1kg

This week I have been doing some research into the craze surrounding weightloss in the sauna. Many sauna companies claim up to 600 calories burnt in a 30 minute session which is the equivalent of 1 hour jogging. Now obviously if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Otherwise we would all just sit around in saunas and look like Chris Hemsworth. I won’t get into the details but this weightloss claim is scientifically false, you will burn slightly more energy sitting in a sauna vs sitting anywhere else but it is nowhere near as substantial as it is made out to be.

So this week I want you to remember that ‘If it was easy, everyone would do it’, just like my forum post a few weeks ago - weightloss is simple but not easy (Calories in < Calories out). Hopefully this can help you gents out and feel proud of every gram and kilo shed, you have worked hard for it.

That’s all from me, feel free to reach out anytime should you need some help and have a fabulous weekend.

Until next time,

Hamish