Week 4 - UWA League - Weightloss + Family time are not mutually exclusive

Week 4 over and done with. Some fierce competition on the pitch last night, things are seriously heating up! A fantastic night for the spectators from Peter Watt’s injury on the fence right through to Clint Best’s back to back goals and of course some fantastic goalkeeping from Ali for multiple teams + Gavin’s first time in goals which was great to see.

I just want to make a quick announcement after last night that shin guards are actually compulsory for all Man v Fat soccer leagues including goalkeepers, it’s in your best interests gents!

A shout out to all the players that reached their first hat trick for the season last night (3 consecutive weeks of weight loss).

• Darryl
  • Gary
  • Alistair
  • Alec
  • Peter
  • Carl M
  • Clint
  • Leon
  • Paul T
  • Ian
  • Ravi

Each hat trick scores your team an additional goal for the week it is achieved on so well done lads!

On-Pitch performance

Green Machine (Green) 2 - 4 Polar Bears (white)
Fatburn Rovers (Blue) 3 - 1 Black Puddings (Black)
Yellow Belly (yellow) 2 - 8 O.B. City (Red)

Off-Pitch results

Green Machine (Green) 4 - 1 Polar Bears (white)
Fatburn Rovers (Blue) 3 - 1 Black Puddings (Black)
Yellow Belly (yellow) 2 - 5 O.B. City (Red)

Overall Results for week 4

Green Machine (Green) 6 - 5 Polar Bears (white)
Fatburn Rovers (Blue) 6 - 1 Black Puddings (Black)
Yellow Belly (yellow) 4 - 13 O.B. City (Red)

You can see match results anytime at www.manvfatsoccer.com.au/uwa , and if you click on ‘ Latest Results’ (the tab on the right of the results box) and hover your mouse over the scores (e.g., 4 – 2), you’ll be able to see a break down of where the score came from.

Shout-Out to Current Team Weight Loss Leaders… Based on kgs lost to-date.**

• O.B. City - 13.2kg
  • Black Puddings - 9.10kg
  • Green Machine - 7.30kg

Overall League weight loss to date: 40.50kg

A recurring topic I heard come up this week was to do with eating out with family or cooking with the kids on the weekend. Coming together to share a meal with family and/or friends is absolutely essential for your mental and social wellbeing and is a great opportunity to spend time with others so don’t even consider cutting it out!

Now sharing a meal together will obviously bring with it some challenges around being able to control what you eat and drink - being a social eater definitely occurs just as someone may be a social drinker or smoker. So how can we reduce our energy intake during these meal times? Here are a few helpful tips:

• Fill up before the event or a bacon + waffle cooking sessions with the kids with healthy foods! Prevention is a great strategy when it comes to caloric intake.
  • Fill yourself with water during meals - this will also help reduce overall consumption of beer
  • Take your time with eating! Relish in the time you get to share together, enjoy great conversation whilst consuming your meal over a longer time period

If you are after some further advice here are 10 super simple tips you may be able to implement at your next gathering.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/10-tips-for-eating-healthy-at-parties_b_7215900

A small tip from me this week to help with reducing portion sizes:

I know many of the guys will cook one night and then have leftovers for the next day. This is a fantastic idea!

Put it this way: If you were to cook for one try cooking 1.5 times what you normally would. Half of this is for dinner and the other half is for lunch the next day - what this means is you have 2 meals which are 0.75 each rather than 2 meals which are full size! Should you eat more than that 0.75 portion for dinner you are taking away from tomorrow’s lunch!

Theoretically, you have already reduced your portion size by 25% over 2 meals! Anyway, don’t knock it until you try it.

That’s all from me, feel free to reach out anytime should you need some help and have a fabulous weekend.

Until next time,

Hamish