Week 6 - UWA League - Learning from Injuries

G’day lads,

Another brilliant night of football lastnight, I have shared 8 of the goals I managed to capture on the whatsapp group chat for anyone that is interested.

Huge congratulations to 2 of our players who are the first to hit their 5% weightloss goals this season:

Clint Best
Gary Keenan

Another shoutout out to those players which scored hatricks lastnight (3 weeks consecutive weightloss):

Neil Salsano
Simon Furzer

And ofcourse a welcome to 2 new players:

Michael Ventrice - Yellow team
Lucas Kong - White team (returning player from the original MvF league)

On-Pitch results

O.B. City (Red) 6 - 3 Fatburn Rovers (Blue)
Polar Bears (white) 8 - 3 Black Puddings (Black)
Yellow Belly (yellow) 0 - 5 Green Machine (Green)

Off-Pitch results

O.B. City (Red) 6 - 1 Fatburn Rovers (Blue)
Polar Bears (white) 0 - 1 Black Puddings (Black)
Yellow Belly (yellow) 1 - 2 Green Machine (Green)

Overall Results for week 6

O.B. City (Red) 12 - 4 Fatburn Rovers (Blue)
Polar Bears (white) 8 - 4 Black Puddings (Black)
Yellow Belly (yellow) 1 - 7 Green Machine (Green)

You can see match results anytime at www.manvfatsoccer.com.au/uwa , and if you click on ‘ Latest Results’ (the tab on the right of the results box) and hover your mouse over the scores (e.g., 4 – 2), you’ll be able to see a break down of where the score came from.

Shout-Out to Current Team Weight Loss Leaders… Based on kgs lost to-date.**

• O.B. City - 16.4kg
  • Fatburn Rovers- 6.5kg
  • Green Machine - 13kg

Overall League weight loss to date: 55.30kg

This week I want to share with you some thoughts on dealing with injuries.

Many of this league’s players are dealing with new injuries or old injuries that are coming back again. Many of you have noted that injury makes it difficult to lose weight due the fact you are losing part of the energy balance equation (see week 1: Energy out > Energy in). Yes, injury does suck but it can provide you with some valuable insight at the same time.

Weighloss is primarily done in the kitchen gents, sure exercise helps but it doesnt contribute as much to the equation as your diet! There will be times when you are too busy with work or family to exercise but you can’t let that be an excuse to gain weight.

My take away from this is that when you are injured you should look at it as an opportunity to learn how to eat correctly from the food pyramid and balance your portion control. Afterall, diet is your only solution when you cant be physically active so get educated.

If you are after some inspiration I can’t recommend the following link enough:

I myself will give a few of these a try this weekend!

That’s all from me, feel free to reach out anytime should you need some help and have a fabulous weekend.

Until next time,

Hamish