What Is MAN v FAT CHALLENGE?

Originally published at: https://manvfat.com/what-is-man-v-fat-challenge/

[vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column][vc_column_text]Are you looking to lose weight and want to team up with like minded men from around the country – and beyond – to help you achieve your goals?

MAN v FAT’s newest weight loss platform, MAN v FAT CHALLENGE was launched in April and is already helping men from across the UK to keep on track with losing weight.

Players of all ages, shapes and sizes are participating in some testing nutrition and exercise challenges, as they aim to help their team to the first ever MAN v FAT CHALLENGE league titles!

But how does MAN v FAT CHALLENGE work?

When you join, you’ll be put in a team of men like you who are looking to lose weight, and that team will be entered into a league where you’ll compete against other teams in weekly fixtures.

Each team will be assigned a coach who will take virtual weigh ins and be around throughout the week to motivate and inspire you.

Then, every Thursday, you’ll receive two challenges, one nutrition-based and one activity-based.

You’ll score points each week for losing weight, tracking your food and drink diaries and by completing our challenges.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”17399″ img_size=”large” qode_css_animation=””][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column][vc_column_text]Want to see what’s been going on so far?

Week One Round-Up

Week Two Round-Up

Week Two Exercise Challenge

If you’re keen to get started with your own weight loss and want to give CHALLENGE a try in the coming months, then we can get you started this week!

MAN v FAT CHALLENGE is available at £19.99 a month and gives you the chance to lose weight, guided by our coaches and supported by your teammates as you look to contribute to your team’s points with the weekly challenges.

To join your new team, or to find out more, simply drop us an e-mail at challenge@manvfat.com and the MAN v FAT HQ team will be in touch to get you up and running.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Sounds ideal! Can you share some info on the coaches and their qualifications for fitness and nutrition?

Is there any limit to the amount of times or when you can contact them?

Good Afternoon @Steve_Green

I hope you are well and staying safe.

Thank you for your question about MAN v FAT Challenge.

We created MAN v FAT Challenge following the shut down of the football leagues due to the Covid-19 pandemic as a way to keep the community motivated and accountable during lockdown.

With this being the first season of Challenge, we are deep in the testing stage to see which aspects of the platform are successful and which areas maybe need some minor adjustments.

Challenge participants will get access to a coach throughout the week where they can ask questions within their WhatsApp groups and a live weigh in session on a Thursday evening.

I hope this helped, happy to talk further about challenge if this would help, please drop me a DM.

Kind Regards,

Dan Church
MAN v FAT HQ

Thanks Dan! What kind of questions can we ask the coach? Wouldn’t it be better if we weighed in on a Thursday morning? I’m usually heavier on an evening time, although depends on what I’ve had for dinner.

Hi Steve,

The questions could be anything which could aid your weight loss :slight_smile:

The weigh ins are done during the evening for a number of reasons, mainly because our coaches aren’t employed on a full time basis and often have full time working commitment elsewhere and a large number of people work the 9-5, so an evening works best for an operational point of view, but granted from the weight side of it, you do tend to weigh heavier in the evenings - but this would be the same across the board.

Kind Regards,

Dan Church
MAN v FAT HQ

Ok, but if I weighed my dinner, I could subtract that anyway I suppose?

Do we all have to do the same diet? What’s is the diet?

It would be best to provide your weight post your dinner, as long as you are consistent with a calorie controlled diet and increased exercise levels, you will increase your chances of losing weight.

There is no specific diet to follow, Challenge is based around making healthy lifestyle habits.

Kind Regards,

Dan Church
MAN v FAT HQ

Ok, that’s good. What are the habits, do we get more points for some rather than others? Like eating fruit would be 10 points, but having a beer would be minus 10, unless it was a low carb beer or something?

I think a 10 point reduction for a beer is too severe.

I reckon -2 but if you switch to vodka it should be zero.

But only if you had slimline tonic though ?

Exactly. Reward healthier choices.

And bonus points for doing it every day making it a habit.

I haven’t been to greggs in a month. How many points would I get for that?

More as it’s closed anyway?

I don’t know it’s seems hard and confusing ?

So if I weigh starkers in the morning I would want an accurate reading in the evening. Do we do a live zoom weigh in So we can all report there and then? Maybe remind myself I need to be dressed for it

@DanChurch_RM is there a free trial for the diet challenge?

Is the criteria the same as for the football. Age BMI etc?

I don’t think football is one of the habits though because of the Corina virus

Not many points in Challenge unfortunately, but the loyalty card is certainly taking a hammering :wink:

Unfortunately there isn’t a free trial to MAN v FAT Challenge

Kind Regards,

Dan Church
MAN v FAT HQ

Oh, ok. Does the £19.99 include WhatsApp? I’ve already downloaded It, so wouldn’t need to pay for it twice?