Wirral league

Any Wirral league people out there, keen to get league started, any alternative in the meantime?

Hi @alexpeach

The Wirral League has 15 registered players on it at the moment. We need to have a minimum of 30 players to be able to get active.

Your nearest league is in Liverpool if you wanted to start sooner - https://www.manvfatfootball.org/liverpool

If you wanted to move over, drop an email over to football@manvfat.com and we can sort this out.

Alright mate, I’ve just registered for Wirral league so hopefully won’t be long before it starts.

Hi I have just registered with the Wirral league and am really keen to get started. Does anyone know how many have now signed up?

Hi @Malc - We are up to 20 players for the Wirral League now!

We do have spaces in your nearest league in Liverpool if you wanted to start sooner - https://www.manvfatfootball.org/liverpool

If you wanted to move over, drop an email over to football@manvfat.com and we can sort this out.

I’ve just signed up for Wirral, how many do we have now? I’ll try and get some more on-board :slight_smile:
Thanks

Update: 23 now, one push should see this get off the ground, spread the word!

Latest update is 29 :smiley: One more needed and we ready to kick this off :+1:t2::soccer:

Keep up the good work @aprmike!

Just joined to Wirral league so let’s hope that’s 30 and we can get up and running

Can you confirm numbers for the Wirral please as I have just join the league. Thanks

Hi, can you update us on Wirral league numbers? Thanks

Numbers please?

Hi all, once the league has been green lit, all registered players in that league will be emailed by the league manager to tell them what happens next. As well as this, the league page will be updated with the venue, night and coach information - https://www.manvfatfootball.org/wirral

Currently, this league is still classed as a planned league.

Thanks for the update. Any chance we can get to know how many have signed up so far?

Yeah how many are signed up? Makes it easier for people to give it that last push if we know

Wirral currently has 33 registered players.

When we have 40 guys signed up for a planned league then we approach a local partner (a football club, a local authority, a sports centre, etc). We then work with them to get 60+ (ideally 80+) men signed up. Once we have 40 guys we get the partnership going. Once we have the partnership we set the start date. If you want to influence how quickly all of this happens (which of course you would!) then read how you can help here. We should emphasise that most of the leagues that have launched have had one or two guys really pushing the league and that has made the difference.

How come its changed to 40 when above it said the league needed 30 player’s?

Hi @lee.barry - In order for a league of 4 teams of 10 players to be able to start, we need a minimum of 40 players to be able to play. Previously we’ve had a 30 or over option, but the league would still need to recruit at least another 10 players before the league could commence.

Ten in a team seems a lot. Wouldn’t get much game time if it’s 5 a side

This is a very disappointing update when we were told 30 was the target! Due to the wait I’ve now switched to the Liverpool league, but there’s a wait for that now!

Is anyone else able to help get some more sign-ups to hit the revised target? I’ll try to get some posters up in the local boozers etc.